bdtickets.com respects the privacy of others and we want you to understand the ways in which we collect and use information about you, whether you visit to browse or purchase via bdtickets.com (the website).
Since bdtickets.com is only the distributor and reseller of products and services provided by other parties (Suppliers), we are also collecting your Data on behalf of those Suppliers. For example, these Suppliers will need each traveler's name and voter ID number for identification purposes and to verify that each ticket is being used in accordance with that Supplier's terms and conditions. Our collection of and disclosure to our Suppliers of your Data is a required part of your transaction, and you agree by engaging in such transactions on the website to such collection and disclosure. Apart from guest purchases, we will also collect personally identifiable information when you choose to participate in promotions, fill out surveys, complete polls, or send questions or comments to us via email. Please read below for more information on how we use information collected through these means.
Data Use for Transactional and Promotional Purposes by bdtickets.com
We and our service providers, who assist us in connection with website operations, may retain and use Data and other personally identifiable information, as well as non-personally identifiable information, in providing the website to you, which uses may include, without limitation, the following:
- To facilitate your purchases of bus tickets and other travel products and services that we distribute.
- To complete your travel-product purchase transactions by disclosing your Data to our Suppliers.
- To administer such purchases and provide reminders and follow-up information regarding your purchases and travel plans.
- To allow participation in our various promotional programs
- To inform you of other types of services we or our Suppliers offer.
- To respond to your inquiries or requests, including your/customer service needs.
- To improve our website, including after research and analysis, for future marketing and/or promotional use about us or the products, services and features we may offer.
- To survey visitors about various topics, including their views on travel, destination preferences, and what further travel information we might provide.
- For any other purpose disclosed to you at the time you are asked to submit your personally identifiable information.
- Performing standard business operations, such transaction, payment processing, billing, collections, and accounting
- Protecting our and our content providers' business interests, including ensuring website operation and adherence to the Terms and Conditions
- Investigating or helping to prevent unlawful activity or activity that may threaten our visitors, users, employees, or property;
- In cooperating with law-enforcement investigations, or as required by law or by, warrant, or other order of the court or governmental agency;
- To help us perform these functions, we may retain other parties to whom we disclose personal information. These third parties include our customer-service providers, who handle your inquiries and store your Data; credit-card, debit-card and similar transaction processors; technical-service providers or similar entities that maintain the Site operations; attorneys; accountants; auditors; and authorized government entities or other lawfully authorized parties. We may also disclose your personal and other information to our parent companies, affiliates or subsidiaries; content providers; and to parties in conjunction with the reorganization or sale of our stock or assets, or if we are involved in bankruptcy proceedings. We will do so only after taking steps to ensure that your privacy rights continue to be protected. Any party to which we transfer or sell our assets will have the right to continue to use the personal and other information that you provide to us.